Our meetings are held in public and you are welcome to attend to either observe or participate in Public Question Time. We meet at the Town Hall, Walliscote Grove Road, Weston-Super-Mare, BS23 1UJ.
Public Question Time
At each meeting of the Panel there is an opportunity for members of the public to submit a statement or ask questions about the Panel’s role in holding the Police and Crime Commissioner to account. The Panel’s statutory responsibilities are set down in the Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act 2011. Before submitting a statement or question please read our Public Information Sheet.
Anyone wishing to make a statement or put a question is asked to note the following
- Questions or statements must relate to the Panel’s role and responsibilities (the Police and Crime Commissioner has separate arrangements for dialogue with the public).
- They must be put in writing via post, email or the online form below. Statement must be received by 12 noon the working day before the meeting. Questions must be received 5 working days before the meeting.
- An address and contact telephone number must be provided.
- A maximum of 30 minutes is allowed for Public Question Time and the Chairman will manage this part of the meeting subject to other business.
- Questions should not be defamatory, frivolous or vexatious or require the disclosure of confidential or exempt information.
We will generally aim to answer questions at the meeting. If this is not possible, a response will be provided in writing within 5 working days of the meeting.